• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New Site Design

Darren

Some of you will have noticed that I haven't been around the site as much these past couple of weeks. Amongst other things, I've been re-writing nearly all of the site to give it a fresh new look. The old design was functional, but was too similar to many of the other "portal" type sites around.

There may be a few glitches over the next few hours as last minute design bugs are ironed out, but overall everything should be ok.

There are also a few new feature built into the new design, more on those later :)

Darren

I definitely like the new design! I'm not too sure what to make of the logo, but I'm having even more fun browsing through the site than I did before.

Oooohhh!!! This new design are more brighter than before. I feel like I woke up now!! :D Look nice. Well done, Darren.

Thank you :D

Other new features include
  • An automatic book news feed which pulls news articles from across the net, and those from posted in our Book News forum, to the homepage.
  • A "Have You Read?" box on the homepage which randomly pulls a book from the library. Usefull if you're stuck for ideas!
  • A "Random Review" box on the homepage which randomly pulls a review from the library. coming soon!
  • A "New Links" box on the homepage which pulls the newest links from the directory. coming soon!
  • Details of new books and upcoming publication dates and other events. coming a bit later!

Other projects in the pipeline include a price comparison facility for books.

Back