• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Newbie from Denmark!

Jemima Aslana said:
Hi flower, nice to see a fellow Dane around here :)

A random recommendation of a Danish book: Limes Billede. Brilliant book. Ever read it?

Hi again,
Now I can see you are from Denmark!
I did not see your question before, must be getting old. Who is the author??

Flower

Flowerdk4 said:
Hi again,
Now I can see you are from Denmark!
I did not see your question before, must be getting old. Who is the author??

Flower

Leif Davidsen. It's sort of a crime novel, only our 'hero' is neither a police nor a private investigator - he is in fact a photographer. The book's been translated as Lime's Photograph.

It's a good mystery novel if you're into that sort of thing :)

Jemima Aslana said:
Leif Davidsen. It's sort of a crime novel, only our 'hero' is neither a police nor a private investigator - he is in fact a photographer. The book's been translated as Lime's Photograph.

Oh Leif Davidsen! I know him of course, but I havent read any of his books yet. (To everybody else Leif Davidsen is a famous newsreporter in Denmark).
Maybe I shall check him out as I do slip in a mystery/crime story now and then. ;)

Flower

Denmark! Bittelille Danmark nedenfor Norge, helt uten fjell! :) Velkommen hit til bokforumet... Liker du Mew?

Umbrella said:
Denmark! Bittelille Danmark nedenfor Norge, helt uten fjell! :) Velkommen hit til bokforumet... Liker du Mew?

Smiling, no we dont have a fjel, But we have a mermaid! :D

Havnet heard Mew much, sorry

Flower

Jemima Aslana said:

I went to the library yesterday to get more Dostojevsky books. And I found the book you mentioned. So now I am reading about old russia and about new russia, at the same time. I got "Den Russiske sangerinde" + the book you mentioned. I wouldnt say that Leif Davidsen is a great writer but its interesting to get a feel of Moscow seen through a Dane´s eyes. I know its unfair to say this about Leif Davidsen when I am reading Dostojevsky, but the difference is SO big and anyway not many can compaire to Dostojevsky. ;)

Flower

PS. I was not aware that Leif Davidsen had been translated into so many languages.

Flowerdk4 said:
Hi
I have just signed on. I am a member of the bookcrossing.com and I love different kinds of litterature. Hope to find new friends and to have some great discussion and talks about books

Flowerdk4
Any lover of literature is a friend of ours. :) Welcome to the Book Forums, Flowerdk4! We hope to make your stay here as enjoyable as possible and, as cabrasopa once said, "Post away!"

Back