• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Newbie Rexie

Helenl

Hi. I just finished college and am a lab assistant in a medical facility. I want to write mystery/romance novels. My sister does, and she's very good. We've competed all out lives, but it's a good competition. We're very close.

Anyhow, here I am. I won't have much time for awhile, but I've visited this forum on a friend's comp, and it seems a fun place, and people don't get ugly like they do on so many. I read a lot, particularly Agatha Christie, Rex Stout, and (get this!) Sax Rohmer.

I tend to ramble (I suppose you noticed).

I'm anxious to meet you all.

PS [edit] Friends call me Rexie

Hi Rexie, I'm a newbie, too! Welcome from me!

I know what you mean about some people getting 'ugly' on sites. There's no need for it, is there?

Hello to both of you, welcome to the forum.

We tend to get a good bunch of prople on here.but then aren't all people who love books a good bunch?

Blade - long live the Mudd Club! :)

Mxx

Murphyz
Are you on about the Monday nights Mudd Club? Where you always end up with a sore neck the next morning? Or am I on the wrong track?:D

Probably has! I'm more of a disco dolly anyway. Well, used to be. Too long in the tooth now!

Originally posted by murphyz
We tend to get a good bunch of prople on here.but then aren't all people who love books a good bunch?

Not necessarily. I've found that even bulletin boards on the most peaceable of subjects can turn a bit nasty. I think sometimes people forget that the tone they intend might not come across on screen. Fortunately, this forum seems very friendly and is more active than others I have come across. Long may it continue in the same spirit.

I've been a member for a few months, but have only really got posting in earnest this weekend. So a brief intro seems in order.

I'm a frustrated History graduate working as an official for a government agency (I find Americans think this means I'm in the secret service!). My 30th birthday is hurtling towards me - little more than two weeks away now. Sadly my twenties, certainly since graduating, have been the least satisfying chapter of my life so far. I turn to books to escape, and for diversion on a fairly lengthy commute. The practicalities of the latter, not to mention good economics, mean I'm almost exclusively a paperback reader, so my reading is not really driven by what's 'out this week'. This last year has been a good one for exploring the lighter side of fiction. I've romped through quite a few Robert Goddard thrillers, the majority of Elizabeth George's Lynley mysteries and even tried Bernard Cornwell.

Welcome Rexie hope you like here!!

Welcome David as well, enjoy this forum!!

Hello to both of you :D Hope you enjoy the forums!!

Aaaagh, Aderbeen, jewel of the British Oil Industry :p

Phil

Back