• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Newcomer

Paimprenelle

kickbox
Hello
I am a 27 year-old French reader, member of several reading forums in France. I've had a bilingual upbringing so decided to come here, I just searched a little through the web and found this site by random... I'm currently reading several books, Amélie Nothomb's latest novel, as well as Richard Flanagan's "The Sound of One hand Clapping" and a novel by Nancy Huston.
I'm glad I've come here!

Welcome to the forum Paimprenelle,

I can't think of many French authors that I have read myself, with the exception of Camus, who is brilliant, and Houellebecq, whom I hated.

Furthermore, I'm afraid I cannot read French so I am stuck with translations which inevitably lose something when translated.

Where abouts in France are you located?

Mxx

Originally posted by murphyz
Welcome to the forum Paimprenelle,

I can't think of many French authors that I have read myself, with the exception of Camus, who is brilliant, and Houellebecq, whom I hated.

Furthermore, I'm afraid I cannot read French so I am stuck with translations which inevitably lose something when translated.

Where abouts in France are you located?

Mxx

Well, for myself I try to read as many texts in the original language as I can. But for instance I've read translations of Chinese, Russian etc... As for Houellebecq I've never read any of his books.
For the time being I live in Switzerland, but I come from Paris.
Thanks for your welcome!

Hey Ya :D Nice to have a French guy to add to the International mix here (apologies if anyone else is French and i havnt noticed, its your fault for speaking English so well ;) )

There's a great discussion of Paris going on in the 'Tell us where you're from' Thread, you might want to give some input :)

Phil

Originally posted by phil_t
Hey Ya :D Nice to have a French guy to add to the International mix here (apologies if anyone else is French and i havnt noticed, its your fault for speaking English so well ;) )

There's a great discussion of Paris going on in the 'Tell us where you're from' Thread, you might want to give some input :)

Phil
Except that I'am a girl ;)

Back