• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Nick Hornby

cantona7

Really like Nick Hornby,sure most on here are famillar with all his novels.Just finished 'The Polysyllabic Spree' which is a collection of essays he did for 'The Beliver' magazine in 2004.Was just wondering does anyone on here know if he still writes for them and are there any plans to releaese a 2005 edition.

i've read High Fidelity. i was excited to come across the book; the movie is one of my favorites. it took me a while to finish it though. whenever i'd pick it up i'd read over 100 pages at a time, but sometimes it was hard to get me to pick it up again.. like i read 2 or so other books inbetween

I just finished A Long Way Down a couple of weeks ago. Loved it. I liked High Fidelity also, but this newest one was much better. His characters have great voices.
I haven't read Polysyllabic Spree yet, but it's on the list.

I red Hornby's Fever Pitch about 4 years ago. For any true football fans, it's brilliant. Totally wraps up football supporter's thoughts before, during and afer matches. Brilliant.

Speaking with the Angel is a book of short stories he commissioned to raise money for schools for autistic children. I was disappointed by most of the stories, but the book is still worth seeking out for Hornby's essay and his own story, "Nipple Jesus".

About a Boy was a cleverly written book, which looks into the awkwardnesses in peoples' lives. Fever Pitch really got into the minds of supporters, and A Long Way Down was on a depressing topic, but a film will definitely be made soon.

Back