• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

nietzsche

True@1stLight said:
First, I'm not sure when spending time in a so called "nut house" was the indicator of ones sanity. Does it then follow that if you live mundanely in society you are not insane? Seems too much like a gross generalization.
~True

Someone previously asked someone else why they thought he was crazy. Spending time in an insane asylum receiving treatment for insanity seems a pretty good indication to me. The gross generalisation is to suggest that all who did not lived mundanely.

Bobby said what I quoted him as saying -- not your watered-down version.

I'm pretty sure you're right when you say that when we're dead we won't feel pain. Won't feel anything, in fact. I'm alive right now, and like to know it, and feel everything. Including pain. It exists to teach us what to avoid.

I won't comment on your "…objective enough to warrant judging the wholeness of a human life by its subjective measure." Haven't the foggiest notion what that means.

let's end this debate once and for all! this thread is 6 months old, and I don't think bobby would agree now with everything he said.

In addition, from my own perspective, I have changed a lot in viewing those past events as well. a person's mind can experience a radical change in just a short period of time. I cannot believe that one can be the same as they were a half year ago.

Sun-SSS said:
Someone previously asked someone else why they thought he was crazy. Spending time in an insane asylum receiving treatment for insanity seems a pretty good indication to me. The gross generalisation is to suggest that all who did not lived mundanely.

Bobby said what I quoted him as saying -- not your watered-down version.

I'm pretty sure you're right when you say that when we're dead we won't feel pain. Won't feel anything, in fact. I'm alive right now, and like to know it, and feel everything. Including pain. It exists to teach us what to avoid.

I won't comment on your "…objective enough to warrant judging the wholeness of a human life by its subjective measure." Haven't the foggiest notion what that means.

Wow, based on your response...I'm not even going to try....scary. All yours Bobby.

True@1stLight said:
Wow, based on your response...I'm not even going to try....scary. All yours Bobby.

Scary? If you think that's scary, Nietzsche would frighten you to death.

And Watercrystal. didn't you want to see the topic continued, immediately befere you wanted to stop it? Forgive me if I'm wrong -- I can't be bothered going back to check -- but that's my impression.

Sun-SSS said:

Good point. In my opinion, the Packers were never the same after he retired.

RaVeN

Sun-SSS said:

And Watercrystal. didn't you want to see the topic continued, immediately befere you wanted to stop it? Forgive me if I'm wrong -- I can't be bothered going back to check -- but that's my impression.

Thank you, I have a degree in philosophy, I've read Nietzsche. I think you need to work on interpreting meaning from people's posts on here, because you seem to utterly miss the point. I agree with Crystal though, lets drop this thread....

Thanks for that Raven :p

RaVeN said:
Good point. In my opinion, the Packers were never the same after he retired.

RaVeN

I clicked on this thread by accident but this is just about the funniest thing I've read all week. Go Packers! Its a shame they're not playing this year due to the lock out.

Back