• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Night At the Museum

ValkyrieRaven88

I didn't think I would like this, but I did. Every year just before Christmas, my father takes my brother and I to a movie while my mother wraps presents. I thought we were going to skip it this year, but my dad showed up at my workplace at 6:45 and told me that when I got off, we were going to see the new Ben Stiller movie.

I was pleasantly surprised. In this movie, Ben Stiller is a person who has no career to speak of, and finally takes a job as a night guard at the museum. But to his shock, all of the items in the museum--the statues, the little figurines, the skeleton of a T-rex--come to life from dusk to dawn. We learn that it happens because the museum acquired the mummy of a pharaoh, Amun-ra, and his golden tablet meant to bring him to life every night in his tomb. When it was brought to the museum, the tablet brought everything in the musuem to life, although the pharaoh was stuck in his coffin for most of the movie.

The movie was all-around cool and very amusing. We got to see Stiller use the humanist psychologist perspective on Atilla the Hun, a talking Easter Island head that likes bubble gum, the Romans and the Texans fighting over land, and a Tyrannosaur that likes playing fetch. I was laughing through much of the movie, and as a history-lover, very amused with how people from all the different periods and places interacted.

I'm not a huge Ben Stiller fan, but this is the one movie of his that I most certainly will buy on DVD. I'm actually considering seeing it again at the theaters and bringing a friend with me.

Has anyone else seen it yet?

I seen this movie yesterday after I finished some last minute Christmas shopping. I also was pleasantly surprised by it and spent a lot of time laughing. Plan on purchasing it when it hits DVD too.

I wondered if there was still time to send a letter to Santa and asking for an Egyptian tablet that brings inanimate objects to life at night...

XD. I'm not sure if I want my dragon statues burning holes in my computer and my three-thousand-year old Egyptian scarab pendant crawling up my arm. *shudders*

This came out on Boxing Day here, so we chose it as our latest movie-to-replace-LOTR (all of which came out on Boxing Day here, btw). I tok a couple of friends, who were reluctant because they had heard it was a kid's movie.

We were pretty impressed. I thought it took a while to get going, but once the action started, it was so funny (particularly liked Owen Wilson's character "I don't like to be manhandled!" and the Easter Island head "Dum Dum! Gum Gum!")

I'm not sure if I would see it again at the cinema but it was a good way to spend a couple of hours!

Yeah, I know. I was so reluctant to see it as well...it didn't help that there were loud children with their parents coming in to see it, and I was wondering what I was getting myself into. Then they had kid's movies among the trailers. But the movie itself was one of those that adults like and kids can enjoy as well.

"QUIET!!!!! ...my Dum-Dum wants to speak." I like that, too.

Oh, Peronel, I just noticed your avatar...did they show you guys the Simpsons movie trailer? It was pretty hilarious. Had the entire theater going "WTF?" and then laughing uproariously.

Some of my friends went to see that, but I wasn't home, so I didn't get to. Now I really really want to. Thanks a lot you guys! :D

Hey, I was talking to Ori and she wants to go see it. So does her sister, Paige, but Paige is pretty cool for a kid. I said I'd take them to see it when my mom and I go; maybe you could come too! It'd be three incredibly cool people--you, me, Ori--in one theater! Can you imagine the awesomeness?

Oh, Peronel, I just noticed your avatar...did they show you guys the Simpsons movie trailer? It was pretty hilarious. Had the entire theater going "WTF?" and then laughing uproariously.

Noooo! We were late so we missed the previews! My friends missed the first part of the movie because I had a great big sook about missing the previews...man, I lurrrvvvve previews.

Now I know that 'The Simpsons' might have been shown, I shall whinge even louder, and insist that next time we arrive 24 hours prior to screening time ;)

I loved this movie. We went and saw it with the family for Christmas - perfect for the occasion. It was a really fun idea and I liked Ben Stiller in this one. I would definitely recommend this one.

yeah i have to admit i did like this film as well. It wasnt one of the best films that ive seen but just a good old feel good comedy.

Hi,
This movie was totally awesome!
I thought the T-Rex was really cute once you got to know that he wasnt going to hurt you.
I bought it on DVD before i had even seen it. I love Ben Stiller movies and this one looked totally awesome just from the previews.
And i was right.
Thumbs up!!!

Regards
CARY

I didn't think I would like this, but I did. Every year just before Christmas, my father takes my brother and I to a movie while my mother wraps presents. I thought we were going to skip it this year, but my dad showed up at my workplace at 6:45 and told me that when I got off, we were going to see the new Ben Stiller movie.

I was pleasantly surprised. In this movie, Ben Stiller is a person who has no career to speak of, and finally takes a job as a night guard at the museum. But to his shock, all of the items in the museum--the statues, the little figurines, the skeleton of a T-rex--come to life from dusk to dawn. We learn that it happens because the museum acquired the mummy of a pharaoh, Amun-ra, and his golden tablet meant to bring him to life every night in his tomb. When it was brought to the museum, the tablet brought everything in the musuem to life, although the pharaoh was stuck in his coffin for most of the movie.

The movie was all-around cool and very amusing. We got to see Stiller use the humanist psychologist perspective on Atilla the Hun, a talking Easter Island head that likes bubble gum, the Romans and the Texans fighting over land, and a Tyrannosaur that likes playing fetch. I was laughing through much of the movie, and as a history-lover, very amused with how people from all the different periods and places interacted.

I'm not a huge Ben Stiller fan, but this is the one movie of his that I most certainly will buy on DVD. I'm actually considering seeing it again at the theaters and bringing a friend with me.

Has anyone else seen it yet?

are you really a valkeri? I'm a great hero

Back