• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

NME - New Musical Express

theoptimist

Does anyone read NME?

I have a weekly train ride from Nottingham to Kettering, I always pick up NME at the station and read it on the way. I think it's a really good magazine! It covers all the genres of music i like - indie, emo, screamo, post-hardcore etc.

:D

The writers are nauseating, i wish they would refrain from attempting to create a scene and just report on music. I wouldn't buy it but if i have to kill time I always read it :D and i do have a soft spot for the libertines so it's not all bad

I haven't read NME regularly for a few years now, but for what it's worth, and for whatever era you read it: the writers always get on your tits, they always spend too much time trying to create music scenes, and you always wish you'd been reading it five years earlier when it sounded so much better (but wasn't really)...

...I do miss Melody Maker though...the writing was always that bit sharper...mind you, I also miss "Sounds" and that's been gone 15 years...*feels old*...

Does it cover American rock artists or just English? I know, it's probably a dumb question but oh well. I read an American magazine that's a sounds a bit like it called AP--Alternative Press. I really like it but only read it every once in a while because I can never find it anywhere but bookstores. So annoying.

yes unfortuantely i read it every week and have done for a while.
most issues barely interest me but it's a terribly bad habit.

Back