• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

NO point reading more than 1 by any author

NO point reading more than 1 by any author
That's so ridiculous. Granted, it sometimes feels like there isn't enough time to read everything. But why limit yourself? You can be missing out on really great stories.

I'm sure the previous posters in this thread have said the same thing, I must admit, I haven't read most of them... just skimmed. :p

oldboy said:
it doesnt matter which your perceive their BEST to be; thats irrelevant. i just tend to find i love one book so much more than any others that they just cant compare
so i figure why waste my time reading a second rate version of whateevr my fave might be>>u know

why have cotton when u can have silk?

I don't understand you :confused:

You don't know for sure which books you will like/dislike until you read them.

A book by a certain author may or may not appeal to you but the next book you pick up (by the same author) will have different characters/plot/mood so unless you go by friends recommendation (who will more than likely differ with you in their choice of books anyway) or book sales (which is ok if mainstream is your thing) how can you tell in advance whether the book is going to be a better or worse read?

Plus, I doubt it will put you off the previous book(s) or the author anyway; so if you loved the first book so much why not try out another of the authors books, if it doesn't work for you so what? You have a better chance of liking it anyway as most authors write in the same 'style' again and again.

I'm going to stop ranting now, I've even confused myself :rolleyes:

Alice

Back