• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Noam Chomsky

SFG75

Anyone love his books? On the academic side of things, his pioneering work regarding generative grammar was ground-breaking material, not to mention establishing him in the pantheon of academic heavyweights forever IMHO. In reading his book regarding it, it was interesting to discover how he mapped out sentences to show universal patterns and that such patterns crossed national and ethnic boundaries, though even he admits that there are still some gaps. On the political side of things, he has authored many books, especially regarding foreign policy. Year 501 is one of my personal favorites, not to mention Manufacturing Consent.

Any other readers of him on board?

Official Noam Chomsky site

The Chomsky Archive

Chomsky resources and links+

he's someone I've been meaning to go back to: I read some of his stuff when I did my degree. Can't remember much of it though.

Are those links right, SFG? :confused:

SFG,
i was intrigued by his work on generative grammars way back when, and I have since seen similar ideas occasionally, without even citing him as a reference! Maybe he was that long ago, but hard to believe. In any event when he turned political he fell off my radar screen, the same as all other political commentators and polemicists do.
Peder

No problem Still-after awhile, they all kind of mush together. Some interesting video of his lectures as well. Oh to be a fly on the wall at an auditorium at MIT.:)

Back