• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Non-fiction books about fmr. Pres. Clinton

SFG75

Inspired by the good thread about My Life, I'd like to start this thread about non-fiction books relating to Clinton and his presidency. I haven't read all of My Life, but it is very well written and it has some great anecdotes in there in what I have read from it, to convey the man's warmness and charisma that drew people to him. I've read James B. Stewart's book Blood Sport, which chronicles problems during the campaign related to Whitewater and the White House travel office imbroglio. It was an insightful reading, but the best book so far regarding the man is Joe Klein's Primary Colors. I absolutely loved reading the book and it was one of the most detailed about the '92 campaign. In a close second, I'd rate Stephanopoulos's book, though it got too bogged down in inane details about the aides getting coffee at 2 a.m. or sulking about a campaign lose.

:) What is your favorite or least favorite books relating to the fmr. President?

I've read Primary Colors, which I enjoyed. It's been a really long time since I read it, and the movie was on TV just last week. So, when I try to think about what I liked, all I can do is picture John Travolta looking a bit fat. The one thing I can remember is the feeling that I missed a lot in the 1992 election. I was part of a very political family and probably knew more about the candidates than most adults, but this book told about a lot of stuff I either missed or just didn't understand. I've been thinking of reading My Life, but I just haven't gotten around to picking it up.

Back