• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Non- Fiction Writers

TheHothive

I know many struggling non-fiction writers. And learned that the common problem of many writers today is how to get their works get published. Publishing a manuscript into a book is quiet expensive.

I am a non-fiction author. I like to know your interest and invite you to be in my circle of friends. I have recently published some of my titles on Amazon Kindle and Barnes and Noble Nook.

I know many struggling non-fiction writers. And learned that the common problem of many writers today is how to get their works get published. Publishing a manuscript into a book is quiet expensive.

Publishing a book is very competitive whether it's fiction or non-fiction. The rejection rate for fiction is much higher. Because anybody can write a fiction but writing a non-fiction, generally, requires some kind of specialty.

Here I share my personal experience in non-fiction publishing. I have not paid a penny for publishing my books. These are all royalty based. I have over six of them in printed form. Now Ebooks are easier to publish and I have not even tried print version for many of them. But all my print books are now available as Ebooks.

How you came up with above conclusion, I don't know. Thanks.

I self-published a collection of articles and columns I had written. I had already self-published some fiction so that book built onto what I had learned. Neither was an easy process because you are in charge of all aspects. By the same token, you can make more per copy. Self-publishing quickly taught me the importance of marketing. It takes a lot of time to reach a critical mass in terms of marketing. No one told me that when I had my first novel published with a mid-size publisher. I expected the publisher to do most of work.

Just remember that writing success involves more than a great book. It involves a great deal of effort on your part. But it can be done. Lots of authors are doing it.

Especially when you can't spell "quite" and start sentences with "and". :D

Back