• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Now broadcasting on all channels...

bartergas

Hi.
Because of severe social anxiety, I don't get out much, and I don't have many friends (or anyone close enough to call friends at all, really).
I'm a hermit, basically, but I'm looking to talk to some like-minded people about stuff I enjoy, especially books, film, and science fictiony stuff. So I'm stretching out my arms to see the world. Or something.
Like hermits united.
Meet up every few years, talk about caves.
Good fun.

My personal blog is over at http://bartergas.tumblr.com, in case you're interested in getting to see what I'm like. Drop me a line here or there if you want to talk about anything...except for news, sports, or politics. Let's stick to the fun topics. ;) ;)

Looking forward to hearing from someone,
Rachel

(over and out)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rachel, Welcome to the forum. There are lots of people who read Sci Fi, and natter about film. We do even dive into a bit of politics but those threads are easy to identify in the off-topic section :) and you are welcome not to read them :rofl

Take a stroll through and see if anyone else is reading the same things as you are, and if not, tell us about it.

"...except for news, sports, or politics. Let's stick to the fun topics. ;) ;)"

Yay!!! I'll drink to that!

Welcome, and please give us a try. Books and book-related, especially.

Hi Rachel,
We have a lot of the same interests. I hope you come back and tell us more about your likes/ dislikes. Feel free to open new threads or post on older ones (just try to avoid what I sometimes stumble on and answer a thread that's 4 yrs old :p )

Back