• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Now, for all the ladies...best romantic movie

I'm a guy, so don't go psycho on me if I'm wrong, but The Sound of Music?

Doe, a deer, a female deer ...
Ray, a drop of golden sun ...

1988-sound-of-music.jpg

Oh, and by the way:

Originally posted by Beatrycze:
Oh, Gregory Peck...Why such men don't exist now?
Hey, I resent that! :mad:

Cheers, (a horrified) Martin :D

Well, I agree that Christopher Plummer was also great...And don't get offended, Martin, I was talking about actors. Nowadays I can't find anyone you could watch and melt yourself...

George Clooney ... closest to a modern-day Cary Grant as you can get (especially in his latest, 'Intolerable Cruelty', opposite Catharina Zeta Jones).

Cheers, Martin :D

I would never mock you!!! I appreciate all the spam you and i bring to the forums far too much for that!!! ;)

Phil

Actually, I've never understood some women's appreciation for George Clooney, Keanu Reeves or Brad Pitt. Sorry, but they aren't my kind of men...
I prefer the past ones, as Cary Grant, Gregory Peck, Rex Harrison, James Stewart, Marlon Brando...Give me the time machine, please...
Maybe black and white colour adds to their attraction?
And Matrin, I fully believe that your are the last surviving real man on this planet. Please, clon yourself, for the sake of womanhood. :)

Reading through this thread I've been reminded that romantic comedies are probably my favourite movie genre. I'm a big softy and proud of it. I too really liked "While You Were Sleeping". In terms of films not yet mentioned here, I would add "You've Got Mail" and - though I think it is fashionable to knock Richard Thingy's films - "Notting Hill".

Well, I disapproved of "You've Got Mail", as it is a remake of "Little shop around the corner" with James Stewart, and they changed too much the original version.

I did like the Judy Garland movie that was a remake of Little Shop around the corner though.

I don't think many modern actors have the style to be like Cary Grant (see that Charade remake with Marky Mark - no, don't, just trust me it's bad) but some do have the heart and gentlemanliness. I'm thinking Colin Firth here.

And since I mentioned it, Charade is a great romantic movie. It has Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, great supporting cast, clever plot, witty dialogue, and an intriguing mystery/thriller quality.

Phil_t originally posted:
I appreciate all the spam
Don't underestimate the importance of innocent banter!

Beatrycze originally posted:
I've never understood some women's appreciation for George Clooney and Brad Pitt
I (for the record: male) absolutely love Brad Pitt! I mean, Se7en, Fight Club, Spy Game, Twelve Monkeys, Ocean's Eleven, just to name a few!

George Clooney is also one of my favourites. The aforementioned Ocean's Eleven, Out Of Sight, Intolerable Cruelty, etc ...

Beatrycze originally posted:
And Martin, I fully believe that your are the last surviving real man on this planet. Please, clone yourself, for the sake of womanhood.
Believe me, I'm trying! ;)

Cheers, Martin :D

Well, Martin, the problem is that we have different points of view. I (for the record: female) don't think about them in terms of their talent or ability to create an unique character. I look at them as men, i.e. males. ŻAhora todo es claro?
By the way, thank you for your altruistic attempts...:)

Back