• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Now, for all the ladies...best romantic movie

Well, I'm obviously not your typical "lady", as I'd much rather watch The Matrix or LOTR than a romantic film! Sleepless in Seattle etc just leaves me cold. Just about the only "romance" movie I've seen and enjoyed was Bridget Jones's Diary, so I'll go for that one! :)

I can enjoy a good romantic comedy, but like Halo said, Sleepless-in-Seattle-esque movies I couldn't like if my life depended on it.

Hmmm . . . Can't we pick more than one? :)

I like the following for different reasons, so depending on my mood:

- Dr. Zhivago

- Casablanca

- When Harry Met Sally

Having oozed sweat over my answers to the macho movies, I thought I should even things out with a blokes view of romantic movies - you know Commando has a fine romantic subplot... honest.
Seriously though, In the Mood for Love by Wong Kar-Wai is extraordinary and George Cukor's Philadelphia Story ranks up there as my favourite rom-com.

While You Were Sleeping ....... wait, who said that?? .... i <ahem> i meant Die Hard obviously, slip of the tongue :D

Phil

The best...it would be "Little shop around the corner" with James Stewart. The main characters were so sweet, the plot interesting and there was a lot of subtle humour in it.
If the cartoons can also compete, I choose also "The Beauty and the Beast" by Disney. I love its message.

I cried my eyes out watching The Last of the Mohicans. It was so sad. Does Forest Gump count as a romantic movie? I thought that was great, too!

Does Forest Gump count as a romantic movie?
I would say so, I loved it as well...
Maybe it's not the most romantic but, if I don't say The Princess Bride then I'm gonna be sorry. It's a must for me. Other than that, where to start? I love romantic movies, though I don't get to see as many as I'd like. Romantic comedies are good too, and even though I can't name them, I'm sure I've seen quite a few. ^_^

Blade I must agree Last of The Mohicans was a tearjerker, another favourite of mine is Much Ado About Nothing.

I loved French Kiss with Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline, I know it's dead cheesy but I just loved how it was set in Paris and Kevin Kline was such a scallywag!

I did see a film abolutely ages ago with a blonde gangster's mole and it was set in Italy, with an Italian photographer and a bright yellow car, can't remember what it was called though!!! It was quite an old film about the same time as an Affair to Remember.....possibly.

oops, almost forgot..
A Walk In The Clouds..I really enjoyed that movie..
Pearl Harbor was a fairly good romance too

Originally posted by avidreader55
I really liked French Kiss, too. That kiss on the train was pretty powerful stuff and I don't even like K. Kline.

Especially the bit where she talks about a kiss being like sharing a little part of someone's soul. Gorgeous!

I have to say When Harry Met Sally and Casablanca are real classics so I definitely agree with you there Ell.

I know this may sound "wimpy," but the kiss between Eric Stoltz and Mary Stuart Masterson in "Some Kind of Wonderful" was really good, too!

You've reminded me that I liked Sliding Doors and French Kiss too, despite not particularly liking "romantic" movies! :)

While you were sleeping. Warm and sweet. It makes me feel better.

Originally posted by avidreader55
I know this may sound "wimpy," but the kiss between Eric Stoltz and Mary Stuart Masterson in "Some Kind of Wonderful" was really good, too!

Oh I remember that film. It was brilliant film. :)

Back