• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Nuts!: Southwest Airlines' Crazy Recipe for Business and Personal Success

JimMorrison

:cool: i have to read this book as well...here is a summary

Twenty-five years ago, Herb Kelleher reinvented air travel when he founded Southwest Airlines, where the planes are painted like killer whales, a typical company maxim is "Hire people with a sense of humor," and in-flight meals are never served—just sixty million bags of peanuts a year. By sidestepping "reengineering," "total quality management," and other management philosophies and employing its own brand of business success, Kelleher's airline has turned a profit for twenty-four consecutive years and seen its stock soar 300 percent since 1990.

Today, Southwest is the safest airline in the world and ranks number one in the industry for service, on-time performance, and lowest employee turnover rate; and Fortune magazine has twice ranked Southwest one of the ten best companies to work for in America. How do they do it?

With unlimited access to the people and inside documents of Southwest Airlines, authors Kevin and Jackie Freiberg share the secrets behind the greatest success story in commercial aviation. Read it and discover how to transfer the Southwest inspiration to your own business and personal life.

has anyone read it??

:eek: ok so i just finished the book.

the book was semi informational. it had a lot of good tips and strategies. a lot of it was common-sense though.

southwest airlines seems to be the most fun airline to travel on. their success story truly is wonderful and inspirational.

this book offers alot of insight on personal success in the business world as well. very inspirational and definitely gives a new angle on business.

i had to read it for school, so yea. not bad overall.

i recommend this book to anyone who is tired of their repetitive 9-5 jobs with no benefits and no interest and benefits for employees. this book should awaken you from your sleepwalking jobs.

Back