• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

October UK Book Releases

rune

Coming into UK Stores in October 03

Cube Route (Xanth, book 27) by Piers Anthony

Flame (The first book in the Book of Sorahb series)
Author(s): Hilari Bell

The House of Gaian
Author(s): Anne Bishop

Swords of Quentaris (Quentaris Chronicles, book 2) by Paul Collins

Heretic (A book in the Grail Quest [] series)
Author(s): Bernard Cornwell

Title: King of the Middle March: Arthur Trilogy 3rd
Author(s): Kevin Crossley-Holland

The Wizard's Holiday (The seventh book in the Young Wizards series)
Author(s): Diane Duane

To The Gates of Palanthas
(The fourth book in the Dragonlance : Young Adult Chronicles series)
Author(s): Margaret Weis (Author), Tracy Hickman

Title: Fool's Fate (Tawny Man bk 3.)
Author(s): Robin Hobb

Exile's Valor
(A book in the Valdemar : Heralds of Valdemar series)
Author(s): Mercedes Lackey

The Celebrated Discworld Almanac
Author(s): Terry Pratchett

The Lone Drow
(The second book in the Forgotten Realms : The Hunter's Blades series)
Author(s): R. A. Salvatore

House of War
Author(s): Judith Tarr

The Elder Gods
(The first book in the Dreamers series)
Author(s): David Eddings, Leigh Eddings

Title: Lyra's Oxford
Author(s): Philip Pullman

Dragon Venom
(The third book in the Obsidian Chronicles series)
Author(s): Lawrence Watt-Evans

rune:)

You've already written your letter to Santa?? AArrrgh, i'd better get started! :D

Phil

PS: Is that new Pullman book a continuation of the 'His Dark Materials' series??

Hurry, Phil, hurry! Think how many children (little and older ones)are waiting for their presents!:D

Just think about poor old me. Everytime I look this information up I end up with half the books on my to buy list, and it's getting pretty big now :)

rune

Phil- of course I've written my letter already, you can't be slack about these things! And it's always best to send a few, you know, every couple of weeks. That way he definitely won't forget, and you can add updates!

Rune- I know it's tough but we're all very grateful :)

Ahem ....

Dear Santa,

As per previous request for presents, seasons greetings, ive been a good boy and all that, i would like to include the following addendum to my Christmas list, to be delivered not later than 25th December 2003

1. Large number of expensive hardback books
2. One of them scooter things
3. A car wouldnt go amiss
4. The moon on a stick

Nb. If actual Moon could not be acquired, would settle for one of the ones round Jupiter

Thanking you in advance

Phil :D

Originally posted by phil_t
Ahem ....

Dear Santa,

As per previous request for presents, seasons greetings, ive been a good boy and all that, i would like to include the following addendum to my Christmas list, to be delivered not later than 25th December 2003

4. The moon on a stick

Nb. If actual Moon could not be acquired, would settle for one of the ones round Jupiter

Thanking you in advance

This did put a smile on my face :D

At least all my family know what I want for christmas, just pick something off my to buy list.

rune

Originally posted by phil_t
Ahem ....

Dear Santa,

4. The moon on a stick

Thanking you in advance

:D :D :D

Dear Santa,

Listen you fat little troll, I've been helping you out every year, playing at being the perfect Christmas Present, wearing skimpy bathing suits in frigid weather, and drowning in fake tea from one too many tea parties, and I hate to break it to ya Santa, but IT'S DEFINITELY PAY BACK TIME!

There had better be some change around here this Christmas, or I'm gonna call for a nationwide meltdown (and trust me, you won't wanna be around to smell it). So, here's my holiday wish list for 2003.

1. A nice, comfy pair of sweat pants and a frumpy, oversized sweatshirt. I'm sick of looking like a hooker. How much smaller are these bathing suits gonna get? Do you have any idea what it feels like to have nylon and velcro up your butt?

2. Real underwear that can be pulled on and off. Preferably white. What bonehead at Mattel decided to cheap out and MOLD imitation underwear to my skin?!? It looks like cellulite!

3. A REAL man... maybe GI JOE. Hell, I'd takeTickle-Me-Elmo over that wimped-out excuse for a boytoy Ken. And what's with that earring anyway? If I'm gonna have to suffer with him, at least make him (and me) anatomically correct.

4. Arms that actually bend so I can push the aforementioned Ken-wimp away once he is anatomically correct.

5. Breast reduction surgery. I don't care whose arm you have to twist, just get it done.

6. A jog-bra. To wear until I get the surgery.

7. A new career. Pet doctor and school teacher just don't cut it. How about a systems analyst? Or better yet, a public relations senior account exec!

8. A new, more 90's persona. Maybe "PMS Barbie", complete with a miniature container of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and a bag of chips; "Animal Rights Barbie", with my very own paint gun, fitted with a fake fur coat, bottle of spray on blood and handcuffs; or "Stop Smoking Barbie," sporting a Nicotrol patch and equipped with several packs of gum.

9. No more McDonald's endorsements. The grease is wrecking my vinyl.

10. Mattel stock options. It's been 37 years-I think I deserve it.

Okay Santa, that's it. Considering my valuable contribution to society, I don't think these requests are out of line. If you disagree, then you can find yourself a new bitch for next Christmas. It's that simple.

Yours Truly,

Barbie

LOL :D :D :D

Especially, '"Stop Smoking Barbie," sporting a Nicotrol patch and equipped with several packs of gum'

:p

Phil

Back