• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

oh...crimeny...my..new years

helgi

There was a student party. Christmas lights everywhere,... and inside the wretched house there are broken paper mache lamps and a strip of smokey light from the stairs.

Half the invited are smoking sherlock pipes connected to a walking hauc, which I think was a woman in disguise. I am here as an observer. I must not partake! I must not partake!

out back there are students making resolutions, and I am shocked by what they are saying...
"No more snort, no more opium, and no more whiskey!"
I say, "That's much to give up, you devils! Why come here to improve yourselves?"

They give chase, because they are stoned on haywire, and I laugh in latin and climb a fence like a jack-rabbit. They nearly steal my shoe, but I am thankful that I keep it on this cold night.

it is another party on the otherside of the fence, and the backyard is a fiery moor. No one has noticed my strange entrance, because they have entered in much the same way,.... in a trance. No one is getting my jokes. I produce a crucifix, or they will think I'm a witch.

I become lovesick for a french woman, but she tells me she detests all goodness and beauty. I find out later she was hypnotised long ago. Her love is only for a strange shadow on the wall that returns everynight for her. I speak to her in latin, but I am no more convincing. They think I am a priest for my latin, but I plead that I am proffesor. But they find I'm a student, and I spring from their den, whether it was through a door or a window, I could not have known, and they shout, and they make extatic utterances after me.

Really mate, I have read a lot of your posts... you really must be unhinged...:) With that said I enjoy most of your posts so... that tells you about me...

Here's to you and 2008 and may you find your door pin...

....finally got over my hang over from that party......ouuhhh crimeny. I felt like geniuses were playing speed chess on the inside of my skull.

Back