• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Old characters in new shows

geist

I just read this article about the Buffyverse characters going to new TV shows. I don't know. I really loved the Buffyverse shows, and think it will make me sad to see them in new shows. The only one I will probably watch, however, is Kitchen Confidential. I have several episodes recorded but haven't watched them yet (I love Anthony Bourdain).

Another set of actors I've seen in different shows are the ones from Dead Like Me. I loved that show, and seeing the characters in other things just reminds me the show is cancelled and will never come back!

So, what do you think of seeing beloved characters in other roles? When has it worked, and not worked, for you?

First of all - 'Buffyverse' is an actual word? That's freaky.

I loved Buffy several years ago, but I think I've outgrown it. It was such a hype back then that you couldn't really do anything except get caught up in it, and I did. That said, the actors branching out doesn't bother me in the slightest, probably because I never watched all the Buffy episodes, and also because I'll never see these shows anyway.

The link is dead, by the way.

Back