• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Old time classics turned into modern movies

RobinA

How about old time classics turned into a modern movie?

The example that I can think of is Alice in Wonderland, that was turned and twisted into a modern movie. Do you think it's in the same category that we are currently talking about? Or is it a entirely different subject all together?

How about old time classics turned into a modern movie?

The example that I can think of is Alice in Wonderland, that was turned and twisted into a modern movie. Do you think it's in the same category that we are currently talking about? Or is it a entirely different subject all together?

Good idea for a new thread, I think. I haven't seen Alice, and I can't think of any other examples, top of my head. Why don't you start a new thread?:)

Kumar I suggest watching Alice, it is a great movie, Jonny Depp plays it perfectly.

How about Snow White? What do you think of the new movie? I must admit I liked the movie, it was very dark. I think it shows another side of Snow White.

What do you think?

Can you think of any others?

Is anyone from Australia and have seen the movie preview of the adaption of The Sound of Music?
Any thoughts on that? I must say I think it looks like a funny Aussie movie.

Gatsby is coming out soon.
Looks impressive.
He already did Romeo and Juliet, which I guess you could call the same.

The One I'm waiting to see is the movie adaption of On The Road, the Jack Kerouac classic. Jack Kerouac wanted his book to get the film treatment and he also wanted Marlon Brando in it.

The One I'm waiting to see is the movie adaption of On The Road, the Jack Kerouac classic. Jack Kerouac wanted his book to get the film treatment and he also wanted Marlon Brando in it.

Yes! Me too.
It's out now, heard it's okay.
Don't know about putting the girl from Twilight in it though.
That can't be a great move.

Back