• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Older family humor book - lots of kids

tnickers

I read a book in the early 80's (already a beat-up paperback, so likely from the 70's or earlier) that was written by a mom with a LOT of kids. Want to say 11 or 13, but could be more (certainly double-digits). Reminded me of Shirley Jacksons family humor books, but wasn't her (or Deborah Kerr).

Only description of an actual scene that I can remember is that their home was damaged / destroyed by a fire and a family friend offered a 'vacation home' to use during the rebuild. The home & furnishings were so nice she asked her husband (in shocked disbelief, while keeping kids outside) "Don't they know we have -(THIRTEEN)- children??"

I think this was a garage sale find so it's difficult, but I would love to revisit this woman's writing now that I'm an adult & parent. Thank you for any help you can offer!

Ahhhh... Think I may have found it. Looks like it's a Teresa Bloomingdale book, likely "I Should Have Seen it Coming When the Rabbit Died". Have been looking on other sites for weeks, all it took was posting once here for it to be found elsewhere. :) Go figure - but I'm very happy!

Back