• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

One book that blew your mind

readandlearn

Please read my intro post to know more about me. I have not done much reading yet, but I really want to, and reading is something I really want to develop into a habit in my life. In the little reading that I have done, nothing has really blown my mind.

Which book has blown your mind and made you look at something in a completely different way than you were used to? Which book gave you a radical idea?

I guess that not everyone sees the same book in the same way, and so something that may have excited you may not excite someone else, but still, it will be nice to know.

I guess one thing that shocked me in my readings was reading The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, particularly the part where he describes the number Phi (The Golden Ratio) - The Golden Ratio | New and Noteworthy | Khan Academy

I was blown away by the description of the number.

Profiling books like Mindhunter and The Evil that Men Do inspired a lifelong obsession with abnormal psychology... does that count?

Sure... if is has inspired a lifelong obsession, I am sure it must have had quite an impact when you first read it.

Btw, have you checked out Aldous Huxley's books and/or any of the late 60s/hippie era books. You may find them interesting if you like abnormal psychology.

Back