• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ordinary Brainwash - Me.

Roxbrough

I approached this album with a certain amount of positive expectation, having heard the band's previous offering and seeing their potential. This time there was nothing to disappoint.
Ordinary Brainwash do not just sit astride several genre's, so much as bludgeon them to death, switching from Math, to Black and then showing glimpses of Metal. The keyboards are used sparingly but add just an extra element to the picked guitars, enough that their delicate interplay of light and shade mean that ultimately this concoction of emotive melodies can be rightly regarded as modern Prog.
Nothing so well illustrated as the track 'Unbirthday', where their brilliance and duelling within the various elements of the group, make nearly eight minutes fly by.
Though they are willing to attack the more intricate demands of the longer composition they also refrain from meandering and once they have sonically said what they want to say, they move on. In this way each take is refreshingly violent without ever losing pace or innovation.
Typically for a Polish group the production is suitably industrial, although this second effort has a much more sparkling upper frequency than their earlier offering. This is welcome too as the sparing use of cymbals adds rather than detracts from the thunderous accompaniment of the rhythm section.
If any criticism could be levelled it is the accented vocal, but I have always found the Polish accent totally acceptable so it was not really a minus for me. With this sort of quality on offer it is certain that Ordinary Brainwash will not remain obscure for long. Their talent means they are destined to reach much wider audiences and as the money flows in the production can reach the sort of heights that Ordinary Brainwash will benefit from. It is said that the watershed of any group is the third album, I cannot wait to hear it!
Recommended

I'm going to look for this, we share the same tastes in music by the look of it.
Don't ask me if I want to collect stamps though ha ha hah
Have you heard any High Wheel?

Back