• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Out of curiosity

Ruzi

Is there a way to edit my forum preferences so that image signatures don't show up but images posted in threads still do?
I saw an option for leaving out image tags, but I still want to be able to view images posted in threads, just not images in signatures as they can be a bit distracting while reading the posts.
I guess in a nutshell I'm asking if theres a way to cut just the images out of the signatures, but allow the text signatures and thread images to stay visible.

In your UserCP, under Options, third section down called "Thread Display Options". There, you will a check box for sigs. You can uncheck that and will no longer see sigs, but this will turn off ALL sigs, not just ones with images.

:\ I was kind of hoping to keep the signatures though, I enjoy the text ones, just not the images. I'm probably just too picky I guess.

Heh when the pics take up more space than the comment that was just made its a bit overwhelming.

I agree totally - a sig is cool, a picture in your sig is ok, but keep it small!

My personal opinion, that!

Cheers, Martin

The only way to do that is to set up some guidelines for sig size, but they can't be manually regulated like the avatars in vb3, so manual policing is required. Not sure how much Darren wants to dictate stuff like that. I mean, they have some hacks I think, but they will make every sig the same size, no matter if there's a picture or not.

Personally, I think it's kinda obvious when ppl first join that pics in sigs is NOT something you normally see here -- I know I did. LOL

True, it's not something too common and I'm glad for that, but you do see them occasionally. I'm not going to complain or press the matter, as these forums are already the best book discussion place I've found on the web, but in some cases I think limited images and image sizes could be helpful and offer a more tidy look? Just a thought, but still thanks for taking time to answer.

The img-tag used to be switched off, but someone asked for it, and Darren gracefully complied.

I don't mind images when they're small, but big ones tend to give me a scrolling finger (it's a bit like a tennis elbow).

Back