• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pacific Rim

direstraits

Like seriously? Nobody watches movies here?

Ok, I recently saw my first movie in years, and it's Pacific Rim. It's Ultraman given the Hollywood treatment. It's Avatar with robots and monsters. Fun!

I had no idea what the film was about going in. My wife thought it was 'Pacific Rest', and did not expect it to be action packed, to say the least.

I have heard nothing but good things about this movie. Sadly, I will have to wait for it to be on DVD or Netflix.

Ah... that little hiccup. Forgot about that. You'd wish the Germans would take a leaf from the Swedes and not dub any show not in their native language, but subtitle them instead.

Thinking about it though, I don't think you'd really miss anything without the dialogue. :)

I agree that it's a good movie but it's a little bit short. I got out of the movie theater quite early.

A summer blockbuster that is too short?? Now I am really interested.
I saw Wolverine last weekend. It really sort of blew. And it was way too long.

I went to see it and absolutely loved it! Granted I had very little expectations of the movie, but that seems to be the trick recently...

I'm really glad that's one thing we didn't import. Our movies are subtitled and not dubbed (as well they should be) except for those aimed for younger audiences (which used to bug me a lot but now I'm used to it).

Just watched it last night. Loved it! Total shut-off-your-brain fun. I do wish the fights had been a little less shakily edited though.
I'm a big fan of del Toro and this didn't change my mind :cool:

Yep. It was a fun, park your brain at the door, over-the-top, Transformers' generation action flick. I wouldn't have gone to see it except for the exhortations of my sons (Transformers' generation, natch) saying it's the most fun movie of the year.

Back