• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Page Number Check

Well there you have it Libre; As readers we're all regarded as a little strange in a society full of people who stare mindlessly at a TV for 90% of their free time, so a few quirks here and there are to be expected!

When I check to see how many pages are left its usually not a good sign. It usually means that I'm getting bored and am trying to decide whether or not I want to hang in there until the end.

Occasionally, however, I do it because I'm enjoying the book so much that I can't believe everything will get wrapped up in so few pages.

SFG75 said:
Could be a mild-case of OCD, but what do I know? My thing is reading exactly 100 pages. I don't know why, but if I read less than that in any book, I feel disappointed and that I "should" be on page 200....or 300 by the end of the reading experience. It's lessened as I've had kids, but it's still there. Forget about the inner-child, I have a nagging inner-english teacher, standing imperiously over me with a ruler threatening to put it across my knuckles.:D

Yeah I do, errr did, this too. I feel 100 pages a day is a decent pace for any book. If I can read more it's all good but 100 as a base is my goal. Unfortunately I don't make my goal as regularly as I would like. No kids to use as an excuse either. :(

From all the replies this sounds pretty normal. And for me this also depends upon how "engrossing" the book is...if the book is not that good and my mind is wondering, I find myself setting daily page quotas. I always finish a book, so counting pages allows me to break the story into segments to help me through the bad or poorly written sections of a book and see it to the end.

If the story is good, I count the hours that fly by instead of the page numbers!

i only check the page number when the number is written at the bottom of the page, if it is written on the up part of the page i do not pay attention to it. i guess it is because i have the feeling i have to go on with my reading when the page number is at the bottom.

Back