• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Password recovery goofiness fyi

Lily

Hi there. I haven't been by for a while, and I'd forgotten my password, so I used the recovery form and THAT worked all right, but when I was finally logged in, before I went to the UserCP to reset it, I got a message telling me that the password request form had been submitted over 24 hours ago (I had just done it less than 5 minutes before), and that I woud have to do it again. (run-on sentence, anyone?)

At the same time, the new, emailed password had just logged me in beautifully, I know this because the "hey, Lily you haven't posted for a while, why don't you do so, ya anti social loser" message was at the top of the screen as well. :D

I know VBulletin has goofy quirks like this at times, from another board I frequent, so I ignored the message telling me the password wasn't working and proceeded to reset the password and stuff. Now things are fine, but I wanted you folks to know about it. I cannot tell if it is an actual problem that will mess up the forums, or if it was just a weird little glitch.

Back