• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Patricia Cornwell

Finished predator this morning and i must say i couldnt put the book down!

It kepted me guessing right till the end!

And which ever one of are members (carnt remember who) is into the character Lucy! You will not be disappointed! :D

Downhill!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels that Patricia Cornwell's books have gone downhill lately.

I think all of her books prior to Black Notice were good, but there is definitely a same-ness to her more recent books. She definitely seems to have got stale in my opinion.

Her newer books read very much as if she has got tired of Kay Scarpetta herself; I think it's about time she killed off Kay and came up with a new leading character. Either that, or put down the pen!

I'e read a few of her books, but not in order, and for some silly reason, that seems to make a difference in my enjoyment of a "series". I do have a few more of hers in my TBR stack, but am not terribly enthusiastic about it, as the latter ones I've read seem to be more and more gory. I don't need all the gruesome details of body condition and parts etc.

I found Kathy Reich's books less gruesome, and more detailed in the whys and wherefores. Just my opinion.

Cornwell's character Dr. Kay Scarpetta is based on Cornwell herself. So while she is fictional, the basis is fact. A good combo.

Didn't she just come out with a novel a couple months ago? Wow, that's fast. I have a book by the same author (the one about Jack the Ripper, complete with the gruesome crime scene photos), but I have never read the Scarpetta series. My friend Nick LOVES them...I should probably get him the new book.

Patricia Cornwell is one of my favourite authors. And I've enjoyed all of her books including her most recent (Predator). But I do understand those that say her last couple of books haven't been as good - although I enjoyed the storylines and characters I did find myself being able to 'put them down' and go do something else. I say this as I have been known to pick up a PC novel and not put it down until I've finished it:D

My sister in-law is a big fan of her and I've read the Jack the Ripper book as well. I'll have to try something else by her. What's a good place to start? I see it seems earlier is better, hmm?

The Patricia Cornwell books really need to be read in the order they were published, as the main character, Kay Scarpetta, is in all of the books, so part of the story follows through each book in order.

I've no idea which was her first, but it might be an idea to check out her website first.

I'll do that or check with my SiL she may even have them all and it would give us something to talk about, too.:)

Postmortem
Body of Evidence
Cruel and Unusual
The Body Farm
From Potter's Field
Cause of Death
Hornet's Nest
Unnatural Exposure
Point of Origin
Southern Cross
Black Notice
The Last Precinct
Blow Fly
Trace
Predator

One of these, I think Hornet's Nest or Southern Cross is NOT a Scarpetta book, I just can't remember which one.

Thank you for the list, I hadn't known that they were a series till I saw this thread.

the only cornwell book i've read is her work on jack the ripper, interesting and though pretty convincing, most of her evidence is circumstantial.

Back