• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Patricia McCormick: Sold

Has anyone read this?

I actually read this years ago when I was 14. I decided to re-read it again because it's powerful vignettes help us understand what a young woman is going through being put into sex slavery in India. It is honest with the details and feelings. I felt I was the young girl, having to endure this. This book is for young adults. If anybody read this, what did you think?

Has anyone read this?

I actually read this years ago when I was 14. I decided to re-read it again because it's powerful vignettes help us understand what a young woman is going through being put into sex slavery in India. It is honest with the details and feelings. I felt I was the young girl, having to endure this. This book is for young adults. If anybody read this, what did you think?
I think that you are going to prove an excellent thermometer of what to avoid Marie. your tastes are diametrically opposed to mine. This is just as useful as if we both liked the same books, maybe more so.
For your information, avoid Stephen Baxter's - Time, it is overlong and full of psuedo science nonsence, the female characters in it are two dimensional and very uninteresting. It is female characters that intigue you isn't it?

I think that you are going to prove an excellent thermometer of what to avoid Marie. your tastes are diametrically opposed to mine. This is just as useful as if we both liked the same books, maybe more so.
For your information, avoid Stephen Baxter's - Time, it is overlong and full of psuedo science nonsence, the female characters in it are two dimensional and very uninteresting. It is female characters that intigue you isn't it?

I guess so, huh? Well, to each their own again (haha). I am open to any new books, but it seems that each character I end up reading about tends to be female. Maybe I relate more to them (haha). HOWEVER, this might be strange, but I enjoy reading books that are written by the opposite sex about the opposite sex...if that makes sense. For instance, when a male author writes in a females perspective. Believe it or not, I think both genders can understand about the opposite sex more than they think they can. You should try this book though. It probably would take you 2 hours to read- plus it's for young adults. Do you not like female main characters?

I guess so, huh? Well, to each their own again (haha). I am open to any new books, but it seems that each character I end up reading about tends to be female. Maybe I relate more to them (haha). HOWEVER, this might be strange, but I enjoy reading books that are written by the opposite sex about the opposite sex...if that makes sense. For instance, when a male author writes in a females perspective. Believe it or not, I think both genders can understand about the opposite sex more than they think they can. You should try this book though. It probably would take you 2 hours to read- plus it's for young adults. Do you not like female main characters?
I tend to find them more limited. I'm sure you understand this. An exception is with the female characters in 'S.M.Sterling's - Marching Through Georgia' where the female characters are very strong indeed.

Back