• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

PC or Mac?

Mac's are better and faster machines performance wise and much nicer to use. I would take issue with them being stable though, in my experience they're crash happy! However I won't buy another, for all the advantages, there's too little software, annoying compatability problems with the 90% of the population using PC's and absolutely everything costs far too much when compared to a PC. Still they do look lovely... mmm G5

Been into home computers for over 20 years now, starting with a Commodore Vic20 (anyone remember those). Eventually moved onto PCs as Macs, at the time, seemed more geared towards professionals in business. So used to them now I don't think I could change.

Even better!! Yeah i had a Vic 20, it was the first computer my Dad bought us - it had a whopping four games to play on it!! :D

Phil

Pah its the BBC MICRO B computer for me. What was it? 32K of memory, fantastic. Elite took over 10 minutes to load and thats when it didn't crash. scrrrrrrrrrr eeeeeeeeeccccccch goes the tape deck, bliss

I remember the first time i played an Amiga and it loaded the games in about a minute and it was heaven!! THe time it took a C64 to load you could go and make a meal.

Aaahh...the C64. What a great computer. And I seem to remember it had some of the strangest games ever developed. It's hard to imagine we'd sit for soooo long waiting for a game to load, then all the rewind/forward winding to find the next bit. :)

I have a PC, but if Bill Gates didn't rip off his friend, Macs would be the best out there... My boyfriend's brother has a Mac, and it never crashes, or needs microsoft updates :rolleyes:

Back