• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Peter Hoeg

Desert Lady

I'm just starting to read The History of Danish Dreams and was surprised to see no thread on Hoeg. So I decided to start one. This book about Denmark from Medieval to Modern times is very funny in places and is weird and delightful at the same time. Has any one else read Hoeg?

I started to read The Quiet Girl but laid it aside to start with this novel. I found that novel quite a challenge, I mean it seemed a multimedia sort of book, and I thought I should have music available to listen to as I read. It is full of mystery, magic and music.

Peter Høeg is my country's greatest living novelist. He's an interesting writer; after 1996's The Woman and the Ape (the proceedings of which he donated to aid women in third world countries), he virtually disappeared and did not resurface until 2006 with The Quiet Girl. He doesn't give interviews and for a long time lived without TV, telephone and newspapers. Real artist type.

I think I've read a novel named "Quiet Girl" but I'm not sure it was of Peter Hoeg or someone. Could you say plz if two or more novels can exist in only one name?

I read 'SMILLA'S SENSE OF SNOW' and 'BORDERLINERS' and just bought 'QUIET GIRL'.

IMHO Hoeg is one of the most talented, creative writers who is also very weird. His mind (from the 2 books I read) is so active I can believe that he

"He doesn't give interviews and for a long time lived without TV, telephone and newspapers. Real artist type." Thank you MORTY for that info on him.​

MEHDIRZA is your question: Can more than one book have the same title?
If that is your query the answer is YES. Writer's cannot copyright a title.
Hope that helps.

Back