• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Philip Pullman: His Dark Materials

I've only read the Golden Compass. I really enjoyed it! I haven't seen the movie but from my experience I never really enjoy the movie as well as the book. I'll have to get on reading the rest of the trilogy.

Now I can begin reading The Amber Spyglass. I am very excited to see what happens in the last book.

:star5: I'm glad to hear you're liking them! It's kind of creepy, but if you want, check out this site and look at some of the pictures and listen to the music. There's a part in The Amber Spyglass that really conjured those images/sounds. Don't know if anyone else would agree, but I think it fit perfectly.

:star5: I'm glad to hear you're liking them! It's kind of creepy, but if you want, check out this site and look at some of the pictures and listen to the music. There's a part in The Amber Spyglass that really conjured those images/sounds. Don't know if anyone else would agree, but I think it fit perfectly.
I've kind of slacked on starting the last book, but now I'm into it and happy to see Iorek Byrnison showing up in it. I wasn't sure if I would but I've also started liking Will too. And that music sounds nice.

I have been trying to trudge through The Amber Spyglass again and have reached page 213 after much forced reading. Although it's rather tempting to just give up and ask for what happens in the rest of the story.

i really liked Golden Compass, all the right pace and everything, but found Subtle Knife really slow. in comparison, Amber Spyglass was way too crammed with stuff. i thought he should have split it into two books.

Back