• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Philippa Gregory

MonkeyCatcher

Anyone else a fan of her works? I have read The Other Boleyn Girl and I have The Queen's Fool and The Virgin's Lover sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. I also notice that The Constant Princess, a novel about Katherine of Aragon, is being released this November.

Anybody wishing to discuss this brilliant author and her work?

I have The Queen's Fool and The Virgins Lover, but I haven't read them yet. From the book you read, is she any good?

I am a big fan of Philippa....I have read quite a few of her books and I think that she is a fantastic writer.....TOBG was the first novel I read and it's because of that book that I just can't get enough on Tudor fiction....I am a member of her readers group on her website www.Philippagregory.com You should read TQF and TVL as soon as you get a chance...I am eagerly awaiting the release of TCP and the days just seem to tick by so slowly...after you finish with those books you should then read the Wideacre Trilogy which goes Wideacre, The Favored Child, and Meridon....The Wise Woman is also a book by PG and every time I read it the ending makes me cry...I'm glad someone else has discovered her books I just hope that you enjoy them as much as I and the rest of her fans do....Enjoy!!!

Pearl said:
I have The Queen's Fool and The Virgins Lover, but I haven't read them yet. From the book you read, is she any good?
I really, really enjoyed TOBG, but I have always had an interest in that period of history. I'll be reading TQF very soon, so I'll let you know what I thought of it when I'm done with it. I definately recommend that you read one of her books, though, I'm sure you'll love it.

I'm reading The Virgin's Lover. I've been able to get over Gregory's writing style (which I did not like at all), but I still want to slap that Amy woman after 250 pages.

Okay. In TQF, Gregory had her people toasting away with "glasses". At one point they were all waving them around like crazy. They even had a wedding wherein they wrapped a glass in a cloth and stomped on it.

Were wine glasses in use by the middle if the sixteenth century? I know that Bess Hardwicke had her hall, "more glass than wall", but were common folks actually drinking out of glass vessels, do you think?

:confused:

Have just bought my first Philippa Gregory Book - 'Meridon'
Is it a good one to start with?

I love "The Queen's Fool" It's one of my favorites! I can't wait to read The Other Boleyn Girl. It's always on reserve at my library.

I read the The Other Boleyn Girl a while back and I really liked it. She's a good writer. I haven't gotten around to any of her other books though.

Back