• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Photo Prose (Daily)

Between my first photo entry and the second, I was suffering a nasty bipolar episode that lasted for about a week. When my illness attacks I am totally unable to focus my mind on anything. Hence my missing photo entries. I truly abhor those hellish spells. Being disabled sucks. If I don't take my meds I will become a veggie within a week or so.

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm300_224062_boatman.jpg

Adrift, a lone man, in shadow, maneuvered his bamboo float across a tropical river. The aurora light highlighted languid ripples on a mirrored surface - an inky waterway. Upright near the edge of the craft, he grasped the oar - a long, wooden rod; probed under, and pulled himself ahead.

__

He's pushing, not pulling.

Also, needs a giant crocodile lying under the surface, waiting.

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm300_224062_cliif.jpg

The elderly pair lay on the brink of jeopardy without shudder. With bellies on smooth stone; their kindling eyes on the calm depth below – a deep blue sea kissing the edifice in crests of foamy white. A reverent, graceful awe subdued. Blithe seized him in her embrace: a tender love of pubescent innocence now fully blossomed, complete. They were the remnants of the celestial rock, our earth: an undying love.

__

I can't imagine an elderly couple laying on the edge of the cliff like that. I'd say it's a young couple. Actually I'm not even sure if it's a guy and a girl or if it's two guys.

Back