• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pictures, image intensive

StillILearn

images.jpg

Actually, that is Hurricane Isabel. Um, year before last I think. Katrina was bigger. I've only got a storm track for Katrina.

10r7skm.jpg

I love images; I hate hurricanes. Too many canes last season and they say that it's going to be a bad upcoming season. Living in Miami has its drawbacks.

Keep those images coming!!!

Did anybody read The Crossing, by Cormac McCarthy?

He finished his supper and went to bed. Boyd was already asleep. He lay awake a long time thinking about the wolf. He tried to see the world the wolf saw. He tried to think about it running in the mountains at night. He wondered if the wolf were so unknowable as the old man said. He wondered at the world it smelled or what it tasted. He wondered had the living blood with which it slaked its throat a different taste to the thick iron tincture of his own. Or to the blood of God. In the morning he was out before daylight saddling the horse in the cold dark of the barn. He rode out the gate before his father was even up and he never saw him again.

see more here

Wow, I just changed my wallpaper three times whilst reading this one thread (and I had naked men washing a car prior to this ;) ). Wow, Pontalba, those are lovely.

Still, I know what you mean, you're right, of course.

This is the one I really wanted to post, a friend sent it to me. By this time we didn't have electricity.
10rkcgi.jpg

Pontalba, that's amazing. Not something you'll ever forget, I'm sure. A once in a life-time experience, I sincerely hope.

Back