• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pirates of the Caribbean 2

I saw the movie last week and quite disappointed as I adored the first one. POTC2 I found to be quite disjointed and repetitive at times...and my god was it long! Had a few good performances but Johnny depp was not on the screen nearly long enough.
Hopefully POTC3 will be a return to form.

I am a huge Pirates of the Caribbean fan and I have to say that though I thought the second movie was much funnier, the first one was much better.

However, both times that I saw it I had an aisle seat and an immediate ride home so I couldn't stay to see the epilogue (which I have been told was a 'must see') so could someone please explain it to me via spoiler or message?

If not I might simply have to go see it again while it's in town :rolleyes: Maybe I'll go to the drive-in...

13_hour_drive said:
I am a huge Pirates of the Caribbean fan and I have to say that though I thought the second movie was much funnier, the first one was much better.

However, both times that I saw it I had an aisle seat and an immediate ride home so I couldn't stay to see the epilogue (which I have been told was a 'must see') so could someone please explain it to me via spoiler or message?

If not I might simply have to go see it again while it's in town :rolleyes: Maybe I'll go to the drive-in...
They showed the cannibals again and the dog was sitting there on the throne with a large (human?) bone in his mouth

..you had to wait through tons of credits and the epilogue was about 6 seconds long...

Thank you very much Mattyj. There was one at the end of the first movie too, explaining why the monkey can't die.

Though, since I have already tempted myself with the drive-in theater, I might just have to go and see it again anyways. Haha. :D

Finally, finally saw PotC. Does not Johnny Depp qualify as the most adorable rogue you've ever seen in your life?

depp.jpg

Next time I'm fast forwarding through the rest of the film and only watching him. ;)

keith.jpg

:D

13_hour_drive said:
Thank you very much Mattyj. There was one at the end of the first movie too, explaining why the monkey can't die.

Though, since I have already tempted myself with the drive-in theater, I might just have to go and see it again anyways. Haha. :D

I missed that bit in the first movie...why can't the monkey die? I was surprised to see the monkey as well as...you know...him...in the second movie.

tundra said:
I missed that bit in the first movie...why can't the monkey die? I was surprised to see the monkey as well as...you know...him...in the second movie.

he sneaks a piece of the gold back from the cursed chest.

StillILearn said:
Finally, finally saw PotC. Does not Johnny Depp qualify as the most adorable rogue you've ever seen in your life?
he is delicious! ;)

I watched this when it first came out over here, and thought it was ok, I didnt realise that the second two films would be one long film split into two and was a bit disappointed to be fair.
Plus, I didnt stay for the credits because I didnt know too, and plus I was dying for a wee!
I've only just seen the end bit on the first film yesterday!

I am a huge fan of the first movie so I was a bit disappointed in this. It just felt like they were after making money and not a great movie like the first one. Johnny tried TOO hard to be funny and ended up falling flat at times, Keira's character was a bit funnier but just as annoying and whiney and I hate how Elizabeth couldn't decide if she wanted to be a seductress asskicker or be the sweet innocent girl. One thing I did love was that Will improved greatly. I ended up enjoying his character more than even Johnny's. (Whom was teh only reason I liked the first movie).

They used too much graphics to the point where you could tell it was 3-D animated, too much gore and killing (Though I do enjoy that, not in this movie) to the point where you wouldn't believe it was a Disney movie. And I don't like that kiss between Jack and Elizabeth. To me it just felt like fanservice. Something to give the J/E shippers joy.

Because I know I will be unable to recall what you guys are talking about in regards to the spoilers, I am going to have to watch the end credits when I rent the movie in a few months; then I will know what you are referring to.

Loved it , Wonderful. I'm still impatiently stamping my foot waiting for the next one to come out.

"I totally agree about the tentacle fetish, and also a strange fascination for rolling people about in circular contraptions... But there was a bit too much Will Turner and a bit too little Captain Jack!"
You got it pardner...hahahaha! They film look too silly, yet interesting. I love it anyway! Five thumbs for Captain Jack and his fellow Rummies!

Back