• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Plane with missing passengers (not The Langoliers)

Rekrul

Back in the early 1980s I had a book that I bought at a tag sale. The cover had torn off, so even if I saw a picture of the cover, I wouldn't recognize it. I took it to school and only got a little ways into it before it came up missing.

What I remember of the plot is that it was about the investigation of a plane where the passengers and crew mysteriously vanished. I don't remember if the plane landed with nobody on board, or if it was found that way. It's also possible that the story started with the investigators being called in after the fact. I'm pretty sure that it was a large airline plane, rather than something smaller. The one detail I do remember was that they discovered a series of small holes drilled in the floor of the plane. I believe it was suggested or hinted that alien abduction might be involved.

I know this sounds similar to the plot of a Twilight Zone episode, but I'm 100% certain that I wasn't reading a novelization of that show. It also wasn't The Langoliers.

Does anyone know what the title might be?

Back