• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Please advise a book about fishes (for kids)!

Hi,

May be somebody here can advise a colorful book about life in the sea/ocean life (sharks, anemone fish, corals, dolphins, sea turtles - and so on), for a 9-years old? The kids saw "Finding Nemo", and got excited, but I do not have any idea what kind of book on this subject I can find... Better colorful of cause otherwise the chances for reading will drop drastically...

I would be VERY thankful for any suggestions!

I saw that movie! I also saw Shark's Tale. Did they publish a book under that name - The Shark's Tale. Only fish stories I can suggest is of the Mermaid Princess. I'm not sure if a boy would like that. How about the Seven Voyages of Sinbad? That has some cool monsters. Then my kid checked out some some Japanese short stories, and they had some tales with sea and fish.

Tales of the Odyssey by Mary Pope Osborne is a great sea adventure story. That reminds me, MP Osborne does the Magic Tree House series and some of the books involve sea animals, like dolphins.

"The Pirates of the deep green sea" by Eric Linklater and "Wet Magic" by E. Nesbit are both set under water with lots of different sea creatures.

"Down, Down, Down: A Journey to the Bottom of the Sea" by Steve Jenkins and "Curious George at the Aquarium" by H. A.(Illustrator).

Hi,

May be somebody here can advise a colorful book about life in the sea/ocean life (sharks, anemone fish, corals, dolphins, sea turtles - and so on), for a 9-years old? The kids saw "Finding Nemo", and got excited, but I do not have any idea what kind of book on this subject I can find... Better colorful of cause otherwise the chances for reading will drop drastically...

I would be VERY thankful for any suggestions!

This is an old post however I came across a book titled "A Tale of Boy Named Fish" by Alex Bjelica which is exactly this. A colorful book with nice art full of fish and a boy who lives in the ocean. My kids loved it.

This is an old post however I came across a book titled "A Tale of Boy Named Fish" by Alex Bjelica which is exactly this. A colorful book with nice art full of fish and a boy who lives in the ocean. My kids loved it.

Welcome to the forum.

Sometimes reviving an old thread can generate a new conversation, but sometimes, when all the participants are long gone its a bit fruitless. Try joining in some of the more recent conversations :)

Back