• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Please help to find a book!

Lena

Who knows if a book, written by a Ukrainian author BAHRIANYI, Ivan "Sad Hetsymans'kyi" has been translated into English language....? Maybe somebody has read it in English.... If so, please help me to find it in order to buy... This book is about Stalin's time.... Thank you.

Hey, Lena.

This is a tricky one, not least because your author was Ukrainian. That means any English rendering of his name is going to be phonetic - and therefore open to interpretation. You might find him referred to as Bahryani or Bariani or any number of permutations.

That said, there is a relatively large amount of attention given to his book Tyhrolovy. The main English translation is called The Hunter And The Hunted (1957, New York). To be honest, though, the story - about an poor family coping with the harsh Russian outdoors - doesn't sound very much like your description.

Anyway, even if it is right (and I don't think it can be, really) then the odds of it being out of print are pretty high.

Sorry I can't offer more help. You could try a google using "Sad Hetsymans'kyi" as a search term - any sites it throws up with probably be non-English, but I assume that won't be a problem for you?

Best of luck.

Tobytook

Hi Lena, and welcome to The Book Forum. I've moved your thread into the main forum where it might get more response (I presume that the book you're looking for is fiction rather than non-fiction).

I googled your author and title and it lists a few sites. Some of the book shops on this page might be able to track it down for you.

Good luck!

Darren.

Thank you, Tobytook and Darren Lewis! Thank u everybody who answers me!
I 've already been looking via a lot of search engines like Google, Yahoo and other for that book.. I've read it in Ukrainian... and was shocked... I have a friend here .. he knows only English, but I want him to read this book.. Yes, you are right.. there's a book Tyhrolovy, written by the same authour... but it's not the book I am talking about... I hope I spelled it right... the title of the book and the author's name... but, of course, i undrestand it could be some violations.. This book is really worse reading... what they've done with people during Stalin's time here, in the former USSR... And I don't really know if that book was translated in English or not.. it was prohibited here for a long time.. So, I am just hoping if somebody so it or read it by any chance.. maybe people from Ukrainian diaspora knows...
But I am really thankful for everybody who can help.
Lena

Back