• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Please help with baby elephant dream!!

kelebek

I have recently moved back to the UK after living abroad, and whilst abroad I read a book with the most upsetting and heart wrenching dream sequence in it. As I have moved I can't simply go back to my pile of books and look through them to find out which novel it was!
I read mainly crime and thrillers. The person having the dream was female, and was a lead character (I'm sure!)
She kept having a recurring dream about a baby elephant being left behind from it's herd and it's mother and becoming more and more distressed. Eventually the baby elephant dies.....
I really want to work out which book this was, as I have been arguing that crime and thriller writers just concentrate on gore, and can't actually write about emotion or create emotion in a reader! I need to find this book so I can prove otherwise, as this was the most moving thing I've ever read!
Thanking you all in advance!

Hi there! I created an account on here just so I could answer your question, lol. The book is called The Next Accidentby Lisa Gardner. I remember reading this book a few months ago and crying so hard during the baby elephant description. It broke my heart and has stayed with me ever since. Take care! :)

You are an absolute star! Thank you so so much! I can stop spending hours on google searching and getting nowhere....
I'm not the kind that cries at books n TV but the baby elephant really had the tears rolling down my face....
Once again, thank you! :flowers:

Back