• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

please help !! :)

psydreamer

Im looking for 2 books , that my 5th grade teacher used to read to my class.but these are not childrens books. this was in the years 1994-1996

the first one is a story is sort of a horror book , its about a house that is "alive" and children are kidnaped into it. i dont remember much , just that there is a pond in the yard , and the kids end up turning into fish in the pond. there is a drawing of an evil looking house on the cover .

the second one is a novel , about an indian girl , who is forgoten alone on an island , after the whole tribe fled , she is left to live in the island alone, with dogs, that later turn wild . again i dont remember much.

hope someone could solve the mystery for me .
10x a lot

The first one doesn't sound familiar to me, but if the second one is correctly found as Island of the Blue Dolphins, you might want to rethink the "not children's books" part.

Island of the Blue Dolphins was a Newberry award winner... it might be worthwhile to read the list of Newberry winners and see if anything rings a bell... perhaps the other book is listed there also?

Back