• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Please Recommend A New Book Series For Me!

MerryNightmares

Hi everyone,

I'm currently finishing the Tiger's Curse books. (I've got about 2 or 3 chapters left of Tiger's Voyage and the last book doesn't come out until September.) So, I would love for someone to recommend a book or series (preferably) like Tiger's Curse but more "adult" like the Sookie Stackhouse novels.

I absolutely loved the detailed scenery in the Tiger's Curse, but felt like some of the dialogue and actions of the characters were a bit dull. I guess I was expecting more "adult". Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for a full blown romance novel, I'd just like something more than a bunch of making out.

I went from reading strictly Stephen King to the Sookie Stackhouse novels and extremely enjoyed them. I tried Tiger's Curse because a friend recommended it.

Like I said, if you know of a series that fits the description please let me know!

Thanks,

MerryNightmares

Interview With a Vampire is the first of the series, and I think The Vampire Letsat is the second. There are several more, but that is all I read I believe. It's been a long time. :)

It's all about Afterlife!

If you like True blood and series like that then you wanna read a book called Afterlife saga by Stephanie Hudson. It's based in a Gothic nightclub and is classed as a paranormal romance but this book has everything! And if you like broody, dark, sexy supernatural men then you will fall in love with this book, I know I did. check out the website afterlifesaga.com or do what I did and find it on amazon. :star5:

Also a book called feral sins, but I can't remember who it's by also found on amazon. :lol:

Oh, I just remembered the Dark Shadows books. The actress that played Angelique in the TV series, Lara Parker, wrote them.

@Kimybee, you absolutely hit the nail on the head! I checked out Afterlife and was immediately hooked. I read the first few pages and wanted to order the book. I want the actual book, not the kindle edition (don't have a kindle). So, I can't order it from amazon because all that comes up is the kindle version!

Afterlife

@Merry nightmares (love the name by the way ) :cool:
I have a friend who also doesn't have kindle but wanted to buy the book so I told her that she could download the kindle app for free on her laptop or most phones and I think there is a link to do that on both amazon and afterlifesaga.com website. I also have a friend who has her version on an i pad so I gather it free for all as long as you have a amazon account. I did contact the author on facebook and ask about it coming out on paperback, which she replied it should be in a few months. Did you read the first 4 chapters from the website?

I did! Its exactly what I was looking for! I downloaded the kindle app earlier and will probably just buy it on there... The only thing is it's hard to read on my cell phone because I cracked the screen being the clumsy person I am!

I also looked into a book called Moon Called and have that one ordered and on the way. It's a book in a series called Mercy Thompson. Seems pretty good too, I read the free chapters for it as well.

I should be set for a while now!

cool stuff, I will check out that book also. Let me know how you get on with Afterlife as would love to chat about Draven to another person (sad as I am) :) hope you enjoy and "Crave the Drave" like i do!

Back