• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Please recommend me a good book with a meaningful theme!

iBookRead

I'm a highschool student in Grade 12. Please recommend me a book that can be easily understood at my level (a highschool student) that has a meaningful and insightful theme which I can write an essay about. If you're going to recommend a novel, please tell me what the theme is of that novel as well.

Thanks!

Catcher in the Rye's theme is the coming of age of a young punk who thinks everyone is a fake.

All Quiet on the Western Front is amazing and has the theme of "war is bad". A great Sci-Fi take on the war is bad theme is Armor by John Steakley.

You could blend the two themes and read Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card and get the theme of a young boy comes of age and realizes that war is bad.

I love catcher in the rye . bu t i recomend Th Perks of being a wallflower since youre too young for JD Salingers.

You should go with the The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. I used it for a high school paper. It's not too long, in fact it is a little short compared to most novels, but it has a great and easy to understand message that would be perfect for a high school paper. Plus, odds are your teacher has read it and liked it.

I like the book To Kill a mockingbird. It is also a classic school read, but it's themes of racism, fatherhood, and childhood are illustrated extremely well when viewed through the eyes of the girl.

Back