• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Poll: Music while reading?

Do you listen to music while reading?

• Yes, and I listen to random music.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Yes, and I listen to my favorite genre of music.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Yes, and I select appropriate music for different stories.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No, because music is distracting.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • No, because I just tune out everything anyway.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No, but I'm going to now!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TMC

I like to listen to music while I read. I carefully choose songs for different passages. Do you listen to music while you read? What kind of music?

I enjoy my music and my books separately. I used to listen to music while reading when I was in college but found that I tended to either tune it out or lose my place in the book.

I listen to classical music or irish music or any type of music that doesn't have words because words distract me from my reading

For me, it's either no music or something with no lyrics - eg. classical.

Originally posted by TMC
Great minds think alike, n'est-ce pas? Next time, though, I will use the search function and avoid redundancy. :eek:
Exactement!

I think there have been worse things than crossposting -- I just thought I'd mention it, for completeness' sake ;)

Actually, I've thought of that before. So, probably for me it doesn't make any difference whether music is playing, or not, as long as it's not something I really hate ;)

I only listen to music when I'm playing computer games. I hate music being on in the background if I'm writing and I NEVER have music going when I'm reading - it's far too distracting! :)

I like having something to listen to while I'm reading or working, usually I put on a playlist of David Arkenstone while I'm reading, but any other music can distract me.

Back