• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Preston and Child - Pendergrast series

Big Wig

I've read some books from these guys and I'd like to check out the Pendergrast novels. A friend just gave me Brimstone and I'd like to read it but it's out of order... should I be reading these in order or are they OK by themselves?

Thanks

Most of the Pendergast novels can be read as stand-alone; I've read quite a few and they seem to be out of order :) Relic and Reliquary (the sequel) are the first ones Pendergast appears in as a secondary character; after that he becomes a main character.

Brimstone begins the Diogenes trilogy: Brimstone, Dance of Death, and The Book of the Dead. You should definitely read Brimstone before these others.

Anybody else a fan? These guys are on my reading list for everything they write, together or separately.

Would like to hear from other fans.

I do enjoy some of their novels. Others not so much. I really liked Riptide and one about a temple in the Amazon , but I forget the title of that one. I do not like the Pendergast novels quite as much as these two, though.

I do enjoy some of their novels. Others not so much. I really liked Riptide and one about a temple in the Amazon , but I forget the title of that one. I do not like the Pendergast novels quite as much as these two, though.

The Codex...I sometimes forget the names of books too.

Hot off his 'best book to date' (Booklist, starred review), Steve Berry offers his twistiest thriller yet, in a new adventure starring Cotton Malone and a secret conspiracy dating back to Napoleon.

Back