• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Previous Civilisations..recommendations plz

aweegin

Hi,

Recently I have read a couple of books on pre-history and proto-history. Or more precisely the possibility of previous civilisations as advanced as ours..but long forgotten. Findings of paintings, mechanical devices, scriptures that are thought not possible.. The advanced scientific knowledge thought to exist but lost as 'we' entered the dark age.

I find it totally fascinating and want to read more... I'm hoping someone has recommendations..so far I have just had chance buys using the 'bibliographies' from the books i have read.

Interest sparked when a friend lent me a book on The Bermuda Triangle. This books deviated into various offshoots and theories regarding many subjects, as well as Atlantis. Amazon.co.uk: Bermuda Triangle: Charles Berlitz

Currently I am reading a book referred to in the aforementioned book, this is far more dedicated to the belief that 'We Are Not The First' to walk this planet as advanced as we believe we are. Amazon.co.uk: We Are Not the First: Riddles of Ancient Science: Andrew Tomas

I cannot incorporate links as i have not posted enough..please search Amazon for reference. thx

Maybe some of you also like this kind of thing and can recommend a good read...

Here's hoping... Thanks for your time. :)

There are reams of books about Atlantis, some better than others.

Graham Hancock has written a lot of this type of book. Erich von Daniken was also a prolific writer.

If you are going to read these, you ought also to read some more mainstream books with archaeological bases on the same topics to get a reasonably balanced view.

Hey..sorry for the late reply.. but thanks very much for your reply..
I shall look them up... I'm not over fussed on gettin super factual.. I just find all the opinions 'n' conjecture very fascinating.

Who's to say what's right or wrong... unless you're stood in front of a judge that is!! :whistling:

Back