• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Prince

nwee

What's up with Prince ?

The latest I hear of him is that his latest album, titled 20ten was distributed abandoning his retailers for newspaper giveaway. And according to AMG, it sounds like it !! What are the views of others, on possibly the most talented Rock Musician on earth making almost a mockery of his own music ?

Why would a different distribution change the music? Record stores don't exist anymore in most places, he's got to get it out there somehow.

Here's why Prince says he's doing it (& it looks like it is a good album after all)

a decision which Prince considers logical despite many musicians opting to release “free” albums online rather than through a physical outlet. In fact, Prince took to condemning the digital publishing model, explaining to The Mirror‘s Peter Willis that “The internet’s completely over.” He continued, “I don’t see why I should give my new music to iTunes or anyone else. They won’t pay me an advance for it and then they get angry when they can’t get it.”
Prince “20Ten” Review

Here's why Prince says he's doing it (& it looks like it is a good album after all)

a decision which Prince considers logical despite many musicians opting to release “free” albums online rather than through a physical outlet. In fact, Prince took to condemning the digital publishing model, explaining to The Mirror‘s Peter Willis that “The internet’s completely over.” He continued, “I don’t see why I should give my new music to iTunes or anyone else. They won’t pay me an advance for it and then they get angry when they can’t get it.”
[/url]

Prince “20Ten” Review

What's up with Prince ?

The latest I hear of him is that his latest album, titled 20ten was distributed abandoning his retailers for newspaper giveaway. And according to AMG, it sounds like it !! What are the views of others, on possibly the most talented Rock Musician on earth making almost a mockery of his own music ?

He did the same with the Planet Earth album, that worked out fine. Don't see the problem in his doing it with 20ten too. Unfortunately though, it didn't come with any Dutch news papers.

from the point of view of the fan, yes, we actually like it. But is he discounting himself ? Or has his philosophy changed so much, that he'd care less how much he'd make (for surely he don't need the money). That's my question.

This is just another way to make headlines I suppose; which usually generates more sales and therefore more income for the Purple One. :)

20ten

listened to his album, 20ten. And, it is actually pretty good. The vibes & funk in the album make it a very interesting album, & one the listener will return to.:star4:

AMG has been pretty mean to award it only 2 1/2. I recommend it to all those who love Prince, especially those who love such hits as dirty mind, head, sign o' the times etc.

What are your favourite Prince tracks ? As for me...
1- Kiss
2- Cream
3- When doves cry
4- Baby, I'm a star
5- Purple Rain
6- Dirty Mind
7- Sign o' the times
8- Delirious
9- Let's go crazy
10 -Pink Cashmere

Back