• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Print On Demand Books

Nellie

Has anyone ever bought one of these?

There is a book I'd like and it is out of "normal print" and I can't get a second hand copy, but it is available in the US as print on demand. Even with the postage to the UK it's only about £8, so I might take the risk and get it. I just wondered what the quality was like and if anyone had any opinions on them.

Thanks!

At their worst, they're glorified photocopies. I don't know what they're like at their best.

But really, there's always a used copy out there somewhere. Put a watch for it on Abebooks, Amazon, and Ebay.

But really, there's always a used copy out there somewhere. Put a watch for it on Abebooks, Amazon, and Ebay.

Hunted higher and low but can't find a secondhand copy.

I am looking for The Shrieking Pit by Arthur J. Rees

I will PM you a link concerning this title. I won't post it here because the last time we tried to help someone looking for a book, other people bought it before they could.

If all else fails, it is available as a free ebook.

Thanks for the PM. I had seen that link and hadn't noticed it was an original, I though it was someone being cheeky with a POD! *gets out credit card*

I will PM you a link concerning this title. I won't post it here because the last time we tried to help someone looking for a book, other people bought it before they could.

Thats rather mean spirited isn't it?

Thanks for the help!

Back