• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

problem

cFaniak

I've got an infantil problem. I've got homework to do, but i don't know the word.

"I don't know how she does it, but Helen certainly has a way with _______ children." [OBEY]
what is the word?

Are you looking for a word that means, or could mean [obey] ?

www.dictionary.com gave me these:

Main Entry: obey
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: conform
Synonyms: abide by, accede, accept, accord, acquiesce, act upon, adhere to, agree, answer, assent, bow to, carry out, comply, concur, discharge, embrace, execute, follow, fulfill, give in, give way, heed, hold fast, keep, knuckle under, live by, mind, observe, perform, respond, serve, submit, surrender, take orders

but I don't see how they could fit into your sentence.....

I could stick in the word "stubborn" and it would work...but I'm not sure that's what you want?

Now I read CFaniak's description to mean that you had to rearrange OBEY and fit the new word in the line :confused:

Are you learning English as a second language....Could the word be as simple as ......

"I don't know how she does it, but Helen certainly has a way with __her_____ children."

or perhaps you're looking for....

those
his

you'll have to give us more information

Maybe this could help
http://www.poltran.com/

obnoxious....disorderly...

or you could turn it another way and say:

gifted.....mentally challenged...physically challenged...impaired...

Back