• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Promoting my website

LaurenWills

Hello,

I am trying, but without any success, to promote my website unhappened.com, on which is posted chapters of a novel by Simon Otius, which I believe, unless I am horribly mistaken, is a great work, good enough at least, word getting around, to promote itself. But for want of traffic, word is not getting around.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thankyou.

Lauren Wills

Lauren,
Why didn't you put a link to your website? Or am I missing something? I googled Simon Otius and all I found were posts by you on other book/writing forums.

WriterJohnB,

Sorry, I do not understand: "Why didn't you put a link to your website?"; is unhappened.com above insufficient?

Thankyou

Hello,

I am trying, but without any success, to promote my website unhappened.com, on which is posted chapters of a novel by Simon Otius, which I believe, unless I am horribly mistaken, is a great work, good enough at least, word getting around, to promote itself. But for want of traffic, word is not getting around.

Any advice would be most welcome.

By the look of your website LaurenWills this novel is not the most accessible of books...

The book itself is part two of a trilogy... You haven't said what happened to part one and it took fourteen years to write so by that yardstick we'll need to leave the kettle on for part three. You also say that it's not for amateurs or anyone with no patience (no kidding!) which incidentally, categorises pretty much all of the available internet audience where novels are concerned.

How do you meet a recluse by chance anyway, did you fall into his cave?

Conscious Bob,

Thankyou for your response.

I know nothing of parts 1 and 3, but part 2 is a complete tale in itself.

"...no patience (no kidding!) which incidentally, categorises pretty much all of the available internet audience where novels are concerned." How true, alas.

"...did you fall into his cave?" Yes, in a sense.

What do you think of Chiliad?

Lauren Wills

Last edited:
Back